Pomegranate is Botanically known as Punica granatum from the Punicaceae family. Common names are Anar, Pomegranate, Dalimba, Dalim,& Anardana. It is a small to medium size growing deciduous subtropical tree.
It is considered to be a highly drought-tolerant fruit plant & has high demand in a summer month. The Pomegranate fruit is about 5-12cm in diameter, it is red, round, and looks like a red apple. The skin of the pomegranate is thick & there are hundreds of edible seeds within.
SPECIAL FEATURE – Highly drought tolerant plant, suitable for pot & fruiting thrice in a year. Pomegranate fruit is considered as one of the healthy fruit & available throughout the year in the Indian market. This variety is a prolific bearer with large fruit, fully red skin with soft seeds.
Specification of Pomegranate
|Colour||Red / Pale Orange (Bhagwa)|
|Packing||As per Buyer Requirement|
|Size||180gms+ / 200gms+ / 300gms + (9/10/12/14 Dana)|
|Commodity||Export Quality Pomegranates|
|Shelf Life||40 to 45 Days|
|Units Per Carton||Net weight 2.5 kgs / Gross weight 3.3kg / As Per Buyer requirement|
|Secondary Packing||Butter Paper / Cutting Paper|
|Box of 1*20 FLC||1540 Box|
|Box of 1*40 FLC||4600 Box|
- We Pack According to Buyers Conditions ( Ex. In Buyers Own Pack Box and Transport Facility)
- We also Provide Complete delivery of Goods till JNPT Port, Mumbai.
- 50% Advance Payment will be required to confirm order and Remaining 50 % after loading ,Irrevocable L/C ( AT Sigtht) .
Nutritional Facts of Pomegranate
- 78% of pomegranate’s composition is water. It has around 19 g of carbs of which dietary fibre contributes 4 g. The fibre content is intact in the seeds and makes up for 20% of the daily value. It has a decent 83 calories for a 10-gram serving.
- Pomegranates have abundant phytochemicals like polyphenols. Processing and pasteurizing the fruit reduces its phenolic activity.
- Pomegranates are rich in ellagitannins, also known as punicalagin. They are powerful antioxidants that make the fruit stand out in front of the rest. Pomegranate contains three times more antioxidants than green tea and red wine.
- Pomegranate peel extracts are important dietary supplements and preservatives. They contain large amounts of polyphenols, catechins, and condensed tannins.
- The seeds of the fruit give an oil that is rich in punicic acid. It is a type of good fat that makes up about 65% of the oil’s composition. These fats have multiple health benefits.
- High amounts of vitamin K, C, and folate (B9) contribute to its vitamin profile. Vitamin K makes up 16% of daily value and vitamin C for 12%. A significant amount of vitamin E, riboflavin, thiamine, and pantothenic acid are also present.
- The mineral content of pomegranates is rich in manganese, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Smaller traces of iron and calcium make it to the list too.
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- Packed with nutrients.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- May help keep inflammation at bay.
- May have anticancer properties.
- May offer heart health benefits.
- Support urinary health.
- May have antimicrobial properties.
- May improve exercise endurance.